Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bring It On, 2012

When I look back on all of the things I had to deal with in 2011, I feel so ready to take on anything the next year has to throw at me.  It's been a year of huge decisions and lots of challenges, but also one with lots of successes and triumphs.  I had my first blog anniversary and was too busy to even notice it!  But I am so glad to have this blog as a record of everything I've done, and all of the wonderful memories I've been making.

I started out the year 2011 in a wheelchair, with a mysterious leg paralysis that completely baffled the doctors.  Everyone told my parents that they were crazy for not pulling me out of college when I couldn't walk.  But my parents had faith in me.  And I prevailed through the hardships.  I learned how to live my life despite not being able to walk, and then in May I started to have seizures when I went home for Spring Break.  Although my legs mysteriously got better in only a few weeks from when they stopped being entirely paralyzed, my seizures continued.  I ended up having to do a hardship withdrawal from my spring quarter of college courses, because my seizures made it too difficult to attend classes regularly.  I continued to live in the dorms, despite no longer being enrolled in classes and then a while after that my seizures went away just as mysteriously as they had started.  I made some big decisions after that, including the decision to continue living in this city.  It was difficult to find a roommate at first, but I found some girls from my church who I was able to stay with for two months.  I had to couch surf with a friend for a week, and then I found my current roommates through Craigslist.  I also accidentally met my boyfriend through Craigslist when I was trying to make some friends.  I searched and searched for a job.  I managed to get a few interviews but never ended up being hired, except for a vacuum selling scam job that I quit after the first day of training and some Internet research.  And now I have given up on the job search and decided to start a home business, with the help of Etsy.  And that's where I'm at now.

Other things that happened: I was really boy crazy for a while until I finally got my first boyfriend ever, I started wearing makeup, I cut and dyed my hair a few times, I gave myself an industrial piercing then had to remove it after it almost got ripped out when I had a seizure, I wrote some really long and disjointed posts, I started (attempting) to take fashion pictures for my blog, and I started trying to have some sort of structure/schedule for my blog posts

Significant/Interesting Posts from 2011:

the one where I talk about all the weird shows I watched as a kid-contains picture links that no longer work

the one where I try new foods

the one where I talk about the scary seizures I had when I was on Spring Break

the one where I discuss how I'm planning to stay un-homeless

the one where I explain how much I hate being hit on

the one where I first meet G

the one where I decide to make jewelry for a living and give up the job search

So this year has been a whirlwind for me, and not completely in a good way.  But the end of the year has turned out so much better than the beginning, except for the part where I'm actually pretty sick right now.  But I feel completely ready for anything that the next year has to throw at me.  So bring it on, 2012!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe kittens... You are a very strong person to go through all you have and still remain a shining light. You are going to inspire a lot of girls/women with your posts. Keep up the hard work and shine!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.

    You are one tough cookie. Do it to it girl.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?