Monday, February 13, 2012

Living with OCD and Social Anxiety

OCD makes it hard for me to get things done sometimes.  Just on my laptop alone it's constantly check email, check other email, facebook, twitter, pinterest, etsy, my blog, 20sb.  And by constantly I mean a routine that can happen 5 seconds after it just happened.  I literally did it just after typing that.  I feel especially neurotic lately.  The social anxiety certainly doesn't help.  I can't bring myself to leave the house most days.  I have a package today.  I know that I have a package because the mailman knocked on the door, waited 20 seconds at the most for me to answer, and when I got to the door nobody was there but there was a note on the door saying they left my package in the office.  And I love mail.  I think you guys know how much I love mail.  I'm pretty sure I even wrote a post not too long ago called "I Love Mail", but not even the desire to obtain mail is enough to make me leave the house today.  The office is only half a block away.  The distance is not the problem.  I just am not capable of forcing myself to interact with human beings today, at least not ones who are basically strangers.  I never liked meeting new people as a kid and I still don't, only now it's much worse.  I just felt like giving you guys a peek into my perhaps crazy mind.

6 comments:

  1. Go get your package, girl! I know the feeling, I have it a lot, but I think the curiosity of what's in the package would get the better of my anxiety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually a scheduled post that I wrote on Friday. My roommate was kind enough to get my package for me. I'm actually going shopping today and interacting with people on purpose. Eep. But today my social anxiety is not as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when I'm in a weird mood I'll end up holed up in my house (which is in a basement) for days. It was especially bad for a couple weeks last year when I didn't have any roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have social anxiety as well and I can relate to not being able to go out to do simple things like go to the post office. It can be difficult to deal with but I have found ways to keep control of my anxiety through advice I found at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pho. I hope this is helpful for others suffering from social anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just cool and i can
    assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.
    my web page: www.PanicAwayLindenMethod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am only an expert as far as life experience with the disorder. Feel free to grab my RSS feed.

      Delete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?