Monday, February 13, 2012

This is What I Do

Today I went to the Ave. I managed to sell some old CDs for $12. Score! Then I got lost trying to find the art supply store I used to go to when I lived in the area.  I finally found it after walking about 20 blocks out of my way.  They have a new mural outside, which of course, I photographed.  Pictures will be shared once I feel like uploading them.  I got stuff to begin painting with.  They were having a sale on canvasses, so I got 4 in various sizes, from tiny 4 inch by 4 inch to 8 inch by 10 inch.  I also bought a pound of handmade paper for $12.  Which is 50+ sheets of beautiful paper, which I'll use to make envelopes for mailing items people buy from my Etsy shop.   So that means that I managed to buy a pound of beautiful paper with the money from selling my CDs.  I was delighted to discover that the art supply store now sells beading supplies!  I used surprising restraint and only bought some pretty ribbon and brightly colored wire that was ridiculously low priced.  I also bought another bag of dyed feathers for earring and other jewelry making.  Because that's where I buy them and they're cheap.  Also, sort of related, if anyone has any rings that they don't wear or want anymore, could you please email me for my address and mail them to me.  I need them for some jewelry projects I have planned.  To email me, click the picture of the envelope on the big blue star in the sidebar.

After that, I went to the thrift stores planning to look for dress and skirts for daily wear, as well as colorful tee shirts.  I found four colorful tee shirts for $14 total, but no dress or skirts that I liked for daily wear.  And I managed to talk to two strangers that I didn't even need to, working on my social anxiety.  One was a girl around my age in a thrift store looking at dresses.  I just commented that I always end up buying really pretty dresses and then never wearing them.  She said she does the same thing.  So it wasn't a whole conversation but it's a big step for me.  The other was a guy who said that I'm awesome and then tried to get me to donate to his non-profit.  We talked about art for a little bit and I told him I'm unemployed, but good luck.  He told me good luck too.  And then I came home and I have mail, including a Valentine card from my grandma, who only recently recovered the ability to write after having strokes, a large package from my parents, and some jewelry supplies I ordered.  So all in all it was a good day.  Tomorrow I plan to go to the library and see if I can be an unpaid volunteer there from time to time.

And tonight I plan to trim my hair, then put on a good movie, and paint my nails using this technique.  We all know how I fail at nail painting patience, but I figure if I have a good movie to watch, as well as nothing I need to touch, I should do okay.  If I succeed, I'll share pictures, and if I fail, I'll share pictures anyway : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?