Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where to Go in Seattle: The Ave

Technically The Ave is a street named University Way NE, but everyone calls it "The Ave".

First of all, my nails have been all purple and zigzagged for about a week now.  They're starting to chip and they didn't start out very perfect.  But here's how they looked right after I finished them.


I used this technique.  Next time, I think I'll make it easier on myself and do this two-color variation.  The one thing I will definitely do differently next time is stick my tape pieces to the slippery side of some freezer paper before cutting them in zigzags, because the hardest part was definitely cutting the tape.  I think it would be easier stuck to something that I can peel it off of without it losing its stickiness.

Onto the real post.  Yesterday I went to the Ave to hang out with my best friend Jessica, who I hadn't seen since before Christmas.  We didn't get stabbed or shot or robbed, but we did see a drug deal go down.  All in all, it was a fun and successful adventure.  First we went to get crepes for lunch.  We wanted to try this new crepe place that just opened and got really great reviews on Yelp, but we found out that it's closed on Mondays : (  So we went to a different crepe place, which is located inside a sandwich shop and the crepes were so amazingly delicious and filling.  I got one with strawberries, banana, whipped cream, and Nutella.  It was a little bit difficult to eat with a plastic fork because of the way they serve them.  I could have normally eaten it much like an ice cream cone, but I still can't bite with my front teeth, so I had to use a fork.

Look at all the yummy fillings!

This should give you some idea of how ginormous this thing was.
 After that, we went to the three thrift stores: Crossroads, Buffalo Exchange, and Goodwill.  I didn't find anything I liked at Crossroads.  I found a ridiculously cute skirt at Buffalo Exchange, which fit me perfectly, so I had to get it.  I also found a really cute dress.  The front fit me perfectly but whoever owned it previously had a big butt, so the back was permanently stretched out, so I didn't buy it.  And when I was waiting to pay for the skirt, the girl in front of me was having a problem where the machine wouldn't accept her debit card, so they were trying to exchange numbers so they could hold her clothes for her to buy a different day, but none of the people who worked there could find a pen.  So I let them borrow my pen and then when it was my turn to pay, they gave me a coupon for $5 off my next purchase for being so patient and lending my pen.  That was very cool, and the coupon never expires.  Here's a picture of the skirt.

I'm a sucker for tiers, ruffles, and fun prints.

Look how artsy this print is. I can't help but love it.

And then at Goodwill I found the best jacket in the world, in my opinion.  When I left at 3-ish it was fairly nice and relatively warm weather, but by 6-ish it was getting a bit chilly, even in my leather jacket which is normally too good at keeping me warm.  So I got another jacket at Goodwill, because I have a jacket weakness.  And I found the perfect one.  It fits me perfectly.  It's super comfy, made out of sweatshirt material, but like the really soft kind.  And it's pretty unique as well.  Not to mention in like-new condition with no stains or tears.  It did a great job of keeping me warm during the half hour I had to wait for my bus home.  And while I was waiting in the checkout line, I found some husky earrings, which I had to buy because I went to the University of Washington for two years before dropping out and G is an alumni of there.  We are both avid fans of Husky basketball and football, so these were a necessary purchase.




And I couldn't resist wearing everything at the same time. I'm not going to lie, I would consider leaving the house and going out in public dressed like this.  But I probably wouldn't.  Probably...

You wish you were this awesome. (complete with roommates' clutter in the back)

So I ended up having a fun and successful adventure, and it was great being able to see my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?