Wednesday, January 5, 2011

When I was your age, I had to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways

The word of the day is prevaricate. I no longer have reasons for picking the words I do. It's completely random. Prevaricate means lie.

Not really. But I did find out today that Monday through Friday I have to drive my wheelchair up a steep hill. It's not 5 miles, but it feels pretty far. It's not uphill both ways either, but going downhill in a wheelchair without gaining too much speed and losing control is just about as hard as going uphill.  So by the end of this quarter, I'll be able to beat just about everyone at arm wrestling. I had class today from 10:30 until 4:30 and I forgot to pack myself a lunch, but my driver was really nice and gave me a bag of Cheetos so that was cool. My last driver of the day was super cautious. His top speed was 15 mph. I'm not even exaggerating. Most of the way he went 5 mph. It was annoying but it was better than wheeling myself all the way across campus.

I have some resolutions for this year too, but they're extremely vague, so I can't break them. I want to take more pictures, increase my design skills, and try to improve people's moods and smile more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?