Sunday, January 16, 2011

Um...

I think that I went on a date this morning. My friend John said he wanted to hang out this weekend and we went to breakfast this morning. He paid. I felt kind of bad because I got chai but it was ridiculously spicy so I hardly drank any of it. I had cinnamon french toast. Then we went back to my room and attempted to watch Orphan, but it was taking forever to buffer, so we watched some cliffjumping videos made by some of the people who went to my high school. These guys are crazy (but not literally). If you want to watch them, click here.  Then we went to the bookstore and I meant to get the other book I need for my drugs and society class, but they were all out, so I ordered it. John said to let him know when it comes in and he'll take me to get it and we can get lunch too. He took me back to my dorm and left.  I didn't get my book, but I did get some AAA batteries and a sewing kit, since I seem to have misplaced my sewing needle.

Now I am still waiting for Orphan to finish buffering so I can watch it. I have seen it before, but I missed the beginning and the rest was good enough to watch again.

Last night I watched two movies. The first was Stranger than Fiction.  I was really excited when I saw that title, since I have been wanting to watch it for a while now, but couldn't remember what it was called.  I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, only because I feel like I've been handing out a lot of five star scores lately.  It is a wonderful examination into the worth of life and how the choices we make affect us.  At least that's the meaning I got out of it. The story itself is quite interesting and the narration adds a lot to the story.

After that I watched Bedtime Stories, since it seemed like a good movie to watch before going to bed.  It gets a 4 out 5, partially because I laughed so hard and so often that by the time it was over, my stomach hurt pretty bad.  It was a really good movie.   Earlier on in the film he tells the children that in real life there are no happy endings.  The thing that I seem to critique the most is endings, and this one was all too perfect.  While it was perfect it was also kind of nice that Skeeter finally got what he had worked toward for his entire life, what he didn't imagine was possible, a happy ending.

Today I made this:

I used scraps from my t-shirt that I cut-up, a spare button from my new coat, blue thread, a safety pin, and scraps I cut from a sock that returned from the dryer without a mate. I really like how it turned out and it goes well with my coat, since the button was a spare for this coat.

I just downloaded Gimp and it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?