Saturday, January 8, 2011

Carpe Diem

So yesterday I wasn't able to do my errands, but I will get them done today. I am also having lunch with one of my friends that I haven't seen for a while. She graduated recently and she's going to take me to do errands too. What I did accomplish yesterday after the post was: discovered a couple of cool blogs via StumbleUpon, painted half of my fingernails, tried to fix my shirt design in Photoshop (today I'm going to try it in Illustrator), made a list of some movies that sound really interesting, watched a movie called Brick which wasn't really my kind of movie but was pretty good anyway (3 out of 5 stars, too much drug/gang stuff for my liking), got woken up at what must have been 3 or 4 in the morning by my neighbors playing pop music way too loud, and asked H to have dinner with me.  Usually when I ask him if he wants to come over and watch a movie or something, if he already has plans, he just says that he has plans. However yesterday, he said that he wanted to have dinner with me but he has plans and would I be free for dinner this weekend. So I'm having dinner with him either today or tomorrow which I'm pretty excited about, even though I'm pretty sure it's not a date. But I want to look cute anyway, which is quite honestly something that I've never said in my entire life, ever. So I'm going to wear a long sleeved gray and white striped shirt with a fitted vest over it that is white and sort of lacy but not really (I don't know terms for fashion things), jeans, probably my brown boots because my Converse all all pretty dirty, and my red jacket that I think is called a peacoat but I'm most likely wrong about that. Also, I'm buying makeup today, so hopefully I can figure out how to use it before dinner. I have used makeup before, but just eyeshadow and I have never figured out how eyeliner and mascara work. If it turns out well, I'll post pictures of the results. Farewell comrades.

Update: I went and did my errands and had a fantastic lunch and am too full for dinner. I didn't wear a warm enough coat because my winter coat gets feathers all over my clothes and it bugs me. We went to Buffalo Exchange, which is an upscale thrift store and I found the perfect gray wool coat. The crazy thing is that it's by Tulle, which just happened to be the brand of the red jacket I was wearing. I got the other jacket at Goodwill and it is by far my favorite, but not warm enough right now. I also got makeup and I think I did a pretty good job with it. Here's a bunch of pictures I took of me wearing makeup and my outfit for dinner with H, which I think is tomorrow, since he didn't call today.

I love this hat that I got for Christmas, debating about wearing it to my dinner.

close-up shot of my eye

my white vest thing, I think that I look sophisticated in this picture

the grey coat I got today, not sure whether I want to
wear it to dinner or the red one to add some color

the coat again, trying to look modelly and failing, that's probably not even a word

And now I get to download music from Itunes with the card I got for Christmas. Yay, I love music so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?