Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good News

I am eating such a delicious cookie right now, and I just realized that it's vegan, so if any of you readers are vegan and you haven't heard of the Alternative Baking Company, you should really check it out.  This is a double chocolate decadence cookie and it's amazing.  That wasn't the good news that the title of this post i referring to. It just distracted me so I had to write about it.

Yesterday I received mail from the fabulous Allison. It was my gift from her Pay it Forward 2011. This was on the envelope.  (She's Canadian.)


I opened it and I got this:


Isn't it cute? I think it's fitting that her initials spell aw, because that's what I said when I saw it.  Thank you Allison, I love it!  It's really cool that it came so close to my birthday too.

Yesterday I had my first physical therapy appointment and it went really well. I got to the point where I can straighten my legs out one at a time while sitting and I can do this thing that I call a robot walk while laying down.  It's a lot of progress, more than I've been able to do for four months, and the physical therapist said that she has absolutely no doubt that I'll be able to walk again, which is awesome.

After physical therapy, my friend came over and had dinner with me.  I had some delicious pork tenderloin with apple and raisin sauce and some mediocre broccoli and scalloped potatoes.  Then I had Snickers pie for dessert.

That evening, my floor had a bonding event where there was free ice cream and then my RA put up blank puzzle pieces cut out of paper and we colored on them.  I met a pretty cool guy who lives about 4 doors away from me.  We spent about two hours coloring on a puzzle piece and talking.  We drew the most ridiculously random things ever, including a robot, a UFO, and a guy with backwards feet and an extra set of hands and a car for a mouth.  We talked and found out that we both play guitar and piano. We were also both wearing gray Converse.  He had said that he had to write an essay so he wouldn't be able to do the event, but then he changed his mind about that since they have three different essays and they only have to do one, so he's going to do the one later instead.  Anyway, while he is spectacularly awesome and only lives a few doors away from me, his door is always closed so I can't just say hi while going past or something.  I actually have to knock on the door if I want to talk to him unless I happen to start seeing him in the hall, which I never do.  If I get brave, I'm going to leave a note on his whiteboard on the outside of his door inviting him to come to my birthday dinner/movie.  He did mention that he's never seen The Shining, so maybe I'll see if he wants to watch it with me sometime.  His name is C, so hopefully you will be hearing more about him in the future.  And by the way, he is quite attractive. That's not really my main concern but it is definitely a bonus.

I guess that all of that was good news, but the main good news that I was planning to focus on was the part about physical therapy.  Well goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got it! Thanks for posting this - I'm happy you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not like it? It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?