Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life has no limits if you're not afraid to get in it

Those are some lyrics from a song, 5 internet points for you if you can name it. They are completely true. Lots of times the only thing standing between you and greatness is fear. It could be fear of failure, fear of embarassment, or fear of getting injured. I conquered one of my fears today. That was the fear of using the stairs when I'm on crutches. It's still really scary and I usually trip, but I am capable of going down or up about 10 steps. This is pretty awesome because the stairs are way quicker than wheelchair ramps and it helps me not feel quite so helpless, even though I have trouble putting my own shoes on. I guess that this whole experience has taught me how to rely on others instead of just trying to do everything myself. So this is me encouraging all of you to face a fear, even a little one. You'll feel so much better after you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?