Sunday, November 14, 2010

Actresses

Up until a few years ago, you could have asked me who my favorite actress was and I wouldn't have a clue. I hadn't even heard of very many actresses. I described movies by what they were about and not who was in them. I still do that. People will ask me, "Oh, is so-and-so in this movie?" and I'll reply that I have no idea. Anyway, I now know who my favorite actresses are: Zooey Deschanel and Ellen Page. I also just found out about this girl named Chloe Moretz who seems pretty interesting. I was watching "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" today for absolutely no reason. It's an alright movie, I guess, good for wasting time. I'd give it 2 stars out of 5, certainly not fantastic or one I'd watch again. Anyway, Chloe Moretz was an actress in the movie. I'm not really sure yet whether I like her as an actress or I just liked her character, so I'll have to watch some more of her movies soon and figure it out. The one that I'm really looking forward to is called "Let Me In" and it's about a 250-year old vampire in a 13 year old girl's body. Chloe Moretz plays the little girl. The best part of the movie is that it's nothing like Twilight, which is good because I hate Twilight. I've never actually seen it and sometime I will actually torture myself by watching it so I can provide some sort of list of reasons that it's stupid and ridiculous. Maybe this week, so you can look forward to that. I haven't read the books either, but I have watched all of the "Alex Reads Twilight" videos on Youtube, so I have heard all of Twilight. It's poorly written and Bella is angsty and ridiculous.  Anyway, back to the topic of actresses, I guess that I like actresses who remind me of myself somehow. In "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Chloe Moretz' character (I don't remember her name) is in middle school and she's one of the only kids not trying to be popular. She is comfortable being herself and at one point she says that girls she's known since Kindergarten won't even talk to her anymore. That was me in middle school, only I was shorter. I knew who I was and I wasn't going to pretend to be someone else just so people I didn't even like would like me. I feel like Ellen Page is sort of a younger version of Zooey Deschanel. I like them because they always play characters that are unique and quirky. I'm sort of quirky myself, even if I don't own a hamburger phone. I also really love the way they talk. It is the sort of witty banter that I expect from Gilmore Girls, a show which I love. I don't talk cool like that, but I like it when other people do. Well, I think that's all I wanted to say. I sort of just typed stuff as it came into my head, and sorry for the rant but I really do hate Twilight. Look for that anti-Twilight post sometime this week, probably. It promises to be scintillating. Au revoir mis amis (That's a really good movie by the way. It's in French but there's an English version. It's kind of sad because it's about the Holocaust)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?