Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Glass Half Full

My legs are still not working, but it isn't going to help to feel bad about it. The one thing I can control in this situation is my attitude and I am choosing to have a good attitude. Two of my friends came to my room and had bible study with me and it was really encouraging. We're going to have pumpkin pie and ice cream and play Mafia (a card game) tonight. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to leaving my room. Here's a brief list of things I'm thankful for:
  1. I live in the United States. I don't live in a third-world country where food and water are scarce.
  2. I have awesome friends, and who cares if H put me in the friend zone? At least he is my friend. I will no longer be upset about that.
  3. I have all of my mental abilities fully working, even if my physical abilities aren't.
  4. I can curl up in a blanket on my bed instead of having to sit in a chair and listen to a monotonous professor.
  5. I have extra time to study for my mid-terms this week. Some people skip class to study, but I don't have to. I'm skipping class because my legs aren't working but I have tons of extra time to study now.
  6. I also have extra time for entertainment. I finished the book I was reading. I also watched the first Harry Potter movie.
  7. I've never been abused or neglected.
  8. I have the opportunity to further my education.
  9. There are so many people who care about me. I have a fantastic support network.
  10. Even when I feel all alone, God is with me. He helps me make it through, and I'll be stronger because of it.
That's just a few of the many things I'm thankful for at the moment. Sometimes I need a change in perspective and I need to focus on the good things instead of the bad.

Listening to this song always puts me in a good mood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73aMawhB0TE

Have a great day, everyone. I know I will.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?