Friday, August 24, 2012

Food Friday: Vacation

There are some really great places to eat in Port Townsend.  I forgot to take a picture of my first meal there because it was so delicious looking and smelling that I ate it as soon as it arrived at our table.  The place with the delicious panini was called Jordini's Paninis.  I had the special, which had bacon, turkey, mozzarella, and pesto on it and it was amazing.


This is the cinnamon raisin French toast that I ate at Hudson Point Cafe.
It came with ricotta cream cheese and was all sorts of delicious.

This was the meal at the reception.  The chicken wasn't great but the rest was scrumptious.
The salmon had some sort of berry glaze which was just short of divine.

G got a savory breakfast crepe because he doesn't have my massive sweet tooth.
I had a bite and can attest to the yumminess.  I don't remember what was in it.

This was my breakfast crepe.  It had bananas and walnuts and brown sugar in it.
The brown sugar sort of candied the walnuts.  They use different batter for sweet crepes than they
do for savory ones which really makes a big difference.

We had the delicious crepes at a place right down the street from our hotel.  It was called Water Street Creperie.  They were also a coffee shop and served hard ice cream too.  G and I went there on Saturday for coffee and each got iced mochas, mine with whipped cream and his without.  We went for breakfast there the next day and the guy remembered what G and I drink, even that I like whipped cream and G doesn't.  When he brought out our drinks, he told us he accidentally made the next size up from what we ordered, free of charge.  We knew that he did it on purpose and it was a nice treat for our last day there, and we will definitely visit Water Street Creperie again next time we go to Port Townsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?