Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guilty Pleasures and Hulu

I'm trying not to be absent from my blog for very long, so I'm trying to write short posts, even when I don't really have anything to say.  So today, I'm sharing with you all the shows that I receive in my Hulu queue.  Some of these are shows that I would consider guilty pleasures, because I wouldn't want to admit that I kind of love them, but I really do enjoy watching them.

So, in no particular order, the shows that grace my Hulu queue are: Pretty Little Liars (guilty pleasure), How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Raising Hope, The Middle, America's Got Talent, The Office, Switched at Birth (guilty pleasure),  Misfits (guilty pleasure; it's British and completely ridiculous and I love it), The Nine Lives of Chloe King (guilty pleasure), The Booth at the End, Whites, Friends with Benefits, The Lying Game (guilty pleasure), New Girl, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Suburgatory, Alphas, and Whitney.

The ones that I dearly love to pieces and would highly recommend to anyone who is willing to listen are: Raising Hope, Suburgatory, Whitney, and New Girl.

Raising Hope is going on its second season.  It's about a guy having unprotected sex with a girl who he doesn't know is a serial killer and getting her pregnant.  Then she gets the electric chair and he's left raising the baby.  It sounds weird, but give it a shot.  Suburgatory is sort of a guilty pleasure.  It's about a girl with a single dad being moved to the suburbs after her dad discovers a box of condoms in her drawer.  The show is about her battles to maintain her sanity in suburbia while trying to spread a little originality and common sense.  Needless to say, it's not going too well for her.  Whitney Cummings is my new favorite comedian, and each episode of Whitney is based on one of her jokes and they're all completely hilarious.  It may take a bit of getting used to it being taped in front of a live studio audience, but it's well worth it if you need a few laughs.  New Girl is about a girl finding a place to live on Craigslist, then finding out all her roommates are guys, and moving in anyway.  The girl is played by Zooey Deschanel, my favorite actress, and she does a great job of convincing us that she's a complete dork, even though we all know otherwise.  The guys try to mold her into a respectable and date-able lady, but they have their work cut out for them.

So if you have some free time and want to watch a good tv show while curled up with a mug of hot chocolate, I would recommend those four.  What are some of your guilty pleasure shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?