Thursday, January 12, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Fun fact: I have never watched "The Sound of Music" in its entirety, though I have watched the first hour or so on at least five different occasions.  Bonus fact: Some words never looked like they're spelled right no matter how I spell them; these include "teriyaki" and "occasion".

Today is the first time in a long time that I was about to write a blog post and couldn't think of what to write about.  With this posting every single day thing, it was bound to happen sometime.  So I decided to just make a list of my favorite things.  Maybe you'll get a little bit more insight into who I am or maybe you'll just think I'm really weird.  Either one is fine with me.  So, in no particular order, these are a few of my favorite things: zombie movies, Tim Burton movies, The Fifth Element, Star Wars original trilogy not the prequels, ice cream, chocolate, dark chocolate, Dove Promises (the squares of chocolate with nice stuff written on the inside of the wrapper), drinks that have words on the inside of the lid (these include Sobe and Snapple, despite the fact that the Sobe words rarely makes sense), books that make me laugh out loud (especially ones by Douglas Adams and Dean Koontz): bonus points if I'm in public and people look at me like I'm insane and then I just feel sorry for them that they've never read a funny book, reading in general, dark comedy, hacky sacking in the rain, hot chocolate and cozy blankets, cuddling, holding hands, making yummy smoothies, drinking yummy smoothies, Rocksmith, my leather jacket, dressing like a badass, studs and lace, having a unique style, sunsets and sunrises, when the world is covered in snow and everything seems wonderful, seeing little kids play, hearing little kids laugh, anything mango flavored, pumpkin cream cheese, Philly cheesesteak, long walks on the beach (it's a cliche for a reason), Zelda and Mario games, fedoras, hats in general, thrifting, getting awesome deals, going for walks to nowhere in particular and then getting sort of lost and then discovering a park on the way back, swimming, swinging, finding shapes in clouds, taking pictures, rocking out to Rise Against while I'm showering, How I Met Your Mother, doing cartwheels, making daisy chains, blowing bubbles, hula hooping (did you know that I can do the macarena while hula hooping without the hula hoop falling? because I totally can), a comfy bed at the end of a long day, banana chips, Converse, scratch tickets, online window shopping, finding a show or movie I really want to see on Netflix, clothes with ruffles or bows or flower print, wearing bright colors, morning fog, rainbows, when you listen to music that perfectly fits your mood, free food, Indian food (especially mango curry), and getting mail.  Those are a few of my favorite things.  What are some of yours?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a pretty epic list of favorite things! I admit, I agree with most of them. I would add board games, summertime, going to the lake, and expand Zelda and Mario games to just video games in general. And Nyan Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being such a prolific commenter, Woody. I do love summertime, and I used to love going to the lake in my hometown until they took out the dam so it no longer exists. And I do enjoy video games in general, but I was trying not to be too broad, or I would have also put just movies and music, instead of being specific.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?