Thursday, January 5, 2012

Glasses and Me, and You!

I have worn glasses ever since I was in the 5th grade.  My brother got his glasses a couple of years before me and I thought they were so cool and I secretly hoped that my eyesight was bad enough that I could get some too.  But I had to wait two years until I started having trouble seeing the overheads even when I sat in the front row.  Anyway, soon after getting glasses, one of the boys in my grade started teasing me and calling me four eyes.  I thought that it was stupid to call someone who wears glasses four eyes because it's pretty obvious they still only have two eyes.  Plus I happened to know that this kid had a really tough home life so I didn't let it faze me.  I have always been lucky enough to not take what other people say about me to heart.  I only started to really care about my appearance about a year ago, and that wasn't because of other people.  I just decided that I would rather dress like a successful adult than a questionably homeless person.  (Even if I'm not a successful adult yet.)  But there are some people (most people actually) who really care about what other people think of them.  They have grown up in a world where wearing glasses carries a stigma.  Some people who actually need glasses don't wear them because they don't like how they look with them on or are afraid of what other people think.  The main examples of this in my life are my aunt and my boyfriend.  Even if you're really into fashion and looking your absolute best all the time, there are so many different styles of glasses that you are sure to find something that looks great on you. 

If you need to wear glasses, you should wear them and be proud of how you look and feel in them.  I know that for a lot of people, myself included, money is an issue.  And I will be the first to admit that glasses are expensive.  Especially if you need bifocals, which can cost $300 as a starting price and only get more expensive from there.  So if you are a person who needs to wear glasses, but can't because you think you can't afford them, stop right now and pay attention to what I am about to tell you.  You can afford glasses.  That's right, you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for glasses that you might not even like.  You can find glasses that look great on you without breaking the bank.  You might be thinking that such cheap eyeglasses can't possibly look great, but think again.  Need a visual?







These styles and many many more are on the website.  There are lots of wire frame, plastic frame, and rimless styles to choose from.  And just to clarify, the great price offered on GlassesUSA.com is for not just frames, but also lenses with your prescription.  If you're new to buying glasses online, don't worry about it.  You will need your prescription, which you can easily get from your eye doctor.  And the rest is fun: you get to compare the looks of different pairs on your own face, with their virtual mirror tool.  You just need to upload a photo of yourself.  And if you've tried on glasses in real life before, you know that the pairs they put out to try on don't have prescription lenses in them, so it's difficult to even see if they look good on your face or not.  Buying glasses online is a simple way to bypass this problem.

Don't wear eyeglasses but want in on the action? Well, if you're a hipster, the obvious route to take would be to buy some glasses and poke out the lenses.  But for you non-hipsters out there, the site also sells sunglasses, both prescription and non-prescription ones, so there's really something for everyone.

So if you need to wear glasses but don't, you can't use their price as an excuse anymore.  Go buy a pair of these stylish and inexpensive glasses.  You'll have the joy of knowing you got a great deal, as well as the satisfaction that accompanies looking awesome.

Disclosure: GlassesUSA.com paid me to write this post for them about their site, but the opinions expressed in this post are solely my own.

1 comment:

  1. I used to really want glasses when I was a kid. I still think they look chic!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?