Thursday, July 28, 2011

Really, Hollywood?

You guys may or may not know that there is a new moving coming tomorrow to a theater near you.  This movie is called Cowboys vs. Aliens.  And all I can say is: Really, Hollywood? Have you just resorted to throwing things into hats, picking two, then having them battle one another for your movies?  I mean, we've already had Vampires vs. Werewolves, which, by the way, I have still not watched.  Who could ever forget Cats vs Dogs?!  Oh, you did?  Yeah, me too.  And then there was Monsters vs. Aliens.  I see the pattern.  We've also had Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.  And if you're having someone fight the entire world, you're clearly running out of ideas.  So Hollywood, I've decided to make your job easier and contribute some of my own ideas for your new versus movies.

Ninjas vs. Dolphins
Pirates vs. Zombies (and its sequel, Zombie Pirates vs. Dolphins (since obviously the dolphins will defeat the ninjas; ninjas can't breathe underwater and their weapons will weigh them down and they'll sink and drown)
Spies vs. Amish People
Yarn vs. Kittens
Robots vs. Demon-Possessed Snowmen
Radioactive Llamas vs. Monsters
Nyan Cat vs. The Universe
Self-Aware Pizza vs. Sasquatch

I think that's enough to keep you occupied for a few years anyway.  No need to thank me Hollywood.  Well actually, a mention in the credits would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Scott Pilgram Vs. The World is awesome.

    Also, I actually want to see Cowboys & Aliens...I just have to know how that plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, I love Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. And I also want to see Cowboys vs. Aliens, mainly for the laughs. I would just like to know the thought process behind creating it. I think the picking things out of a hat hypothesis is fairly valid.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?