Thursday, June 27, 2013

Musings on Imperfection

I painted my jewelry box with nail polish and filled the empty space on the door.  It's an imperfect fleur-de-lis and I like it a lot.


I like things that are imperfect, like blurry photos.


You might remember that post I wrote awhile ago sharing some things that I'm bad at.  You might have read it and wondered why I'm focusing on my weaknesses.  Well the truth is that I'm happy to be imperfect.  I might not dress perfectly (haha, I never dress perfectly) or say the right things at the right time (socially awkward right here!), but I like being imperfect.  How boring would the world be if everyone was perfect?!  Seriously, think about it.  My imperfections are what make me who I am and I like who I am, so I like my imperfections.  Plus it makes me quirky and awesome so what's not to like?

2 comments:

  1. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, really. But yeah I'm totally with you on loving being imperfect. It's people's quirks who make them who they are, and the same definitely goes for inanimate objects. Thank fuck I like that, too, because my house has a lot of "quirks" that some consider to be inconveniences. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you painted your jewelry box with nail polish! Isn't that stuff great? Imperfect things always look better. They have character.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?