Thursday, June 6, 2013

Where to Eat in Seattle: Vegan Pizza Pi


I've eaten at Vegan Pizza Pi twice now, and both times it's been delicious.  Vegan Pizza Pi is located in the University District of Seattle.  It's conveniently within walking distance of my apartment : )  It is the first American vegan pizzeria, and they've been around for over 9 years, so they know what they're doing.  They have a huge variety of gluten-free options, including some tasty gluten-free appetizers.

The first time I ate there was a few weeks ago, during the University District Street Fair.  My friend and I ordered the Rainy Day pizza on gluten-free crust (gluten-free crust is only available in the small (9 inch) size, but it is more than enough food).  The Rainy Day pizza is pictured above.  It has white garlic sauce, spinach, sundried tomatoes, pineapple, grilled onions, and soy cheese.  The second time I ate there was last Friday, before my movie night.  We got the Garden Fresh pizza on gluten-free crust.  It has marinara sauce, mushrooms, spinach, green peppers, raw onion, and fresh tomatoes.  Both of these pizzas were very tasty (and very healthy!).

If you are gluten-free, don't order any of the fake meats, because they are gluten-based.  You can also build your own pizza from a huge list of ingredients, so you're sure to find something you like.  So if you're vegan or gluten-free or you just want to try something different, I highly recommend Vegan Pizza Pi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?