Friday, June 14, 2013

Food Friday: Bucket Listing

I checked an item off of my bucket list!  I ate at a food truck!  Well, technically it was a food cart, but that's as close as I can get to a gluten free food truck (at least in Seattle).


Since I first discovered them, they have gotten a second food cart.  They are called I Love My GFF (GFF stands for gluten free food), and their food is all gluten-free and mostly organic.  It's also super healthy and it tastes amazing!  And it's really affordable.  Each of these bowls cost $9.50 for the 16 oz. size, but they last for two meals because they are so filling.  And if you eat gluten-free food, you know that you really can't beat that price for a delicious and filling meal.  There are two kinds of quinoa bowls on their menu, and chocolate chip cookies.  I bought two of each kind of quinoa bowl after tasting the free samples, because I wanted to have some again later in the week too.  They also gave me a free cookie!  Everything was really yummy.  I preferred the Sunshine Bowl over the Fiesta Bowl, but enjoyed them both enough that I would order them again.  If you're a vegetarian, you can order either of these bowls without chicken.  They both have sprouted quinoa, pumpkin seeds, chicken, red peppers, and green onions.  The Fiesta Bowl is sort of a Mexican style, with black beans, avocado, green onions and their special Fiesta Sauce, as well as the previously mentioned ingredients.  The Sunshine Bowl has more of what I would call a summery flavor, with cannellini beans, carrots, broccoli, and their special Sunshine Sauce, as well as the previously mentioned ingredients.  They both have a great balance of flavors, textures, and colors.  And the cookies are really good too.  They taste just like a great chocolate chip cookie, without any weird texture at all.  I highly recommend this food cart to everyone in Seattle.  G tried it too and also loved it, so much that I gave him one of the Fiesta Bowls, which was his preferred flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?