Monday, June 24, 2013

Happenings

I had a fairly lazy, yet eventful and productive weekend.  On Saturday I finished my first custom Etsy order, which was exciting.  I'm already working on my second custom order.  After that I did some more room cleaning/organizing and inventoried my jewelry supplies.  I made enough space in my room for a shelving unit, so my jewelry stuff will be more organized, instead of just all on top of my dresser like it is now.  I haven't bought the shelving unit yet, but I will soon.  Then I went to a gluten free sushi place called Mio Sushi.  It was really good and it was nice to be able to eat anything on the menu (aside from two dishes) without having to ask a million questions first.  Usually at sushi places, I just get nigiri, which is just fish and rice, as opposed to rolls.  So it was nice to be able to eat sushi rolls again, and I also had a lot left over.  I ate some for lunch today.  It was really good sushi and I highly recommend it.  They have locations in Seattle, Vancouver Washington, Camas Washington (which is near my hometown!), Portland Oregon, Bend Oregon, Eugene Oregon, and Changchun China.  I'm not sure if all of the locations are gluten-free but I know that the Greenlake Seattle location I ate at is predominantly gluten-free.

After sushi, I went to the movies and saw This Is the End.  It was a movie that falls into my completely-ridiculous-but-I-love-it category.  It has a star-studded cast and more laughs than you can shake a stick at.  (Sidenote: How did shaking a stick at something ever become a method of quantifying things?!)  This Is the End is basically about celebrities trying to survive the apocalypse.  I don't want to give anything away, since it's still out in theaters.  Besides the big stars, including Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, and James Franco, there are small parts and cameos by lots of other celebrities including, but definitely not limited to, Mindy Kaling, Emma Watson, Rihanna, and Aziz Ansari.  If you enjoyed The Hangover, you'll probably like this movie.  Also for some reason this movie made me have a celebrity crush on Jay Baruchel, so I have my first celebrity crush!  It's weird because I've seen him in a bunch of other movies and felt nothing.  I think it's because I feel like I can relate to him in this movie, the socially awkward one who doesn't know anyone at the party.

And then on Sunday I introduced G to The Office because somehow he's never seen it! (other than maybe two episodes).  He loved it and we marathoned our way through the first season and part of the second.  It's on Netflix.  I didn't want to spoil anything, so I had to be very careful with my response when he said he thought Jim liked Pam, and then again later when he said that Pam likes Jim back, and why is she with that other guy?!  After that I napped and then beat the first two stages of Pandora: Purge of Pride.  (I'll review that game in its own post at some point.  Spoiler alert: I love it!)

And besides that I inadvertently made myself (AKA my Etsy shop but I can wear it for shop promotion, plus I haven't listed it for sale yet) a bracelet that matches my toenail polish, so that happened.  I made the bracelet on purpose, but the matching was unplanned.

1 comment:

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?