Monday, June 3, 2013

Happening Lately

I had a movie night on Friday with my friend who I hadn't been able to hang out with for over a year.  It was tons of fun.  We stopped and got gluten-free pizza and gluten-free pita bread with spinach artichoke dip.  The pita bread tasted better without the dip.  I would eat it all by itself.  The dip was waaaaay too garlicy.  We watched a super old movie called Clan of the Cave Bear and also Whip It.  Then I stayed the night at her house and we went to Goodwill in the morning.  I found a great floral print fedora and the orange Converse (although not actually Converse brand but they look like them) that I have been searching thrift stores for for three years! Score :)  Also on Friday my hula hoop arrived in the mail.  I bought weighted hula hoop on eBay and it came in segments that I had to connect to put it together.  Putting it together was a workout all in itself!  I hula hooped outside while reading my book on Saturday.

my newest hat

Then on Sunday I went to see The Hangover 3, complete with snuck in snacks.  The snacks cost $5 at Safeway and would have cost $20 or more at the theater.  The Hangover 3 was hilarious.  I loved it and laughed almost the whole time.  If you liked the first two, you will like it.  Ignore the negative reviews.  And if you see it, make sure that you stay for the extra part after the end credits start to roll.  It's hilarious and you do not want to miss it.  Trust me.  After the movie I went to Joann Fabrics and finally completed my Buttonquest.  I don't think I shared, but I got a custom Etsy order for three button necklaces with different colored buttons.  (my first custom Etsy order!!!)  I could only find a black button online, but had no luck finding a green one or a purple one.  I tried three or four stores unsuccessfully, then finally found them at Joann Fabrics, which was a huge relief.  I have almost completed all three necklaces now.  I just have to wait for the charms I ordered to arrive in the mail.  Then I went and bought a plastic laundry hamper because I have a fabric one from when I first started college and it's beginning to fall apart.

the two completed custom necklaces


So I've been pretty busy enjoying life and the lovely summery weather.  I hope your weekends were wonderful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?