Friday, March 15, 2013

My House is Not Haunted, Probably

Yesterday I was doing yoga and the weather was overcast, so I had a lamp turned on in the middle of the day.  It was one of those touch lamps that you touch to turn on.  It has three different levels of brightness.  I had it turned to the lowest level.  I started doing my yoga and the lamp got brighter, brighter again, then turned off.  I immediately assumed that there must be a ghost in the house.  It was invisible and standing there touching the touch lamp to freak me out.  It was also clearly a pervert ghost and I wasn't about to continue with my yoga.  Then I remembered that science is a thing that exists and the bulb was probably loose.  At the risk of accidentally walking through a ghost, I walked over to the lamp and grabbed the bulb to see if it was loose.  The bulb was hot and I almost burned my hand so I let go and grabbed a tissue and used that to protect my hand.  It turns out that the bulb was loose so I tightened it and that solved the problem.  I was slightly disappointed that I didn't need to call the Ghostbusters though (because they're a real thing and not just fictional characters on a movie).  So my house is almost definitely not haunted, probably.

4 comments:

  1. Hey..I do not reject the hypothesis that the ghost has loosened the bulb. I'm pretty sure my house is haunted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too worry that the ghost loosened the bulb. That's just the sort of evil thing a ghost would do,

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?