Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Making Work Fun

I love running my Etsy shop.  But I have always loved actually making the jewelry, but not photographing it.  That's why I always end up with an overwhelming pile of unphotographed jewelry.  And because it is so overwhelming, I usually just make more jewelry until it is even more overwhelming.  Yesterday I decided that I would find a way to make shooting product photos fun, and therefore something to look forward to rather than dread.  I decided that the best way to do this was to be as creative as possible.  I tore apart my room to find everything that could possibly work as a photo prop.  Then I figured out how to arrange things to go with each piece of jewelry.  It was really fun.  I took 127 photos.  Also when I say I tore apart my room, I really mean it.


I also just had to take some photos without jewelry in them because I was struck by artistic inspiration.  So here they are.



This one is an abstract dreamcatcher made out of found stones and shells and store-bought feathers.
I haven't edited the jewelry photos yet.  My camera does this fun thing where the exposure setting makes the photo look super dark on the camera but everything looks underexposed on my laptop.  I have been setting the exposure higher and higher every time but I haven't found the sweet spot yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?