Thursday, December 6, 2012

Movie Review: American Zombie


In case you're tired of everyone's Christmas posts, here's a zombie movie review.  American Zombie is a mockumentary.  It is about two people who have teamed up to film a documentary about the living dead population residing in the Los Angeles area.  They have jobs and "lives" just like ordinary people.  One works at a grocery store.  The documentarians are surprised to learn that zombies don't have refrigerators full of dead bodies to eat, and that they don't even eat people.  They eat normal human food.  Then the two documentarians convince the zombies to let them tag along to an event in the desert, similar to Burning Man or Coachella.  This event is normally zombies-only and the documentarians are the first humans to ever attend.  At the event they learn a surprising secret that changes everything.

This movie was kind of funny at the beginning but by the end it was really depressing.  One of my favorite quotes from this movie is on the poster, "We're here. We're dead. Get used to it."  I would not recommend this movie at all.  At the beginning I was thinking it was going to be really good but then it turned into a completely different movie, one that I didn't like at all.  I had high hopes for this movie, but it fell short.  I can only give this movie 1 star out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Than I'm not going to see this one...(?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As chance would have it, I was stuck watching this movie with my brother who took over my tv when he came over. One of the worst zombie movies ever....

    Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you will!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?