Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Help me Out or Just Chat

Hey lovely people, I think that you guys who read my blog are pretty cool people.  I would love to know you guys better.  I kind of love "meeting" people on the internet and I can't follow every single person who follows me anymore (Seriously, since when do I have over 100 blog followers?! Oh yeah, since this month.)  If I don't follow your blog through GFC, I might actually still follow it through Bloglovin', but I have so many blogs that I follow, I need to practice restraint and stop following more unless I see one and go, "Wow, we need to be virtual BFFs this instant!"  I can hardly keep up with all of the blogs I follow as it is.  That being said, I still find people fascinating and would love to email with you guys or at least chat in the comments section.  My email is jaythejedi@live.com, because I'm a Jedi (in case you didn't already know).  Feel free to email me about anything you want.


Second thing: I have started featuring a Blog of the Month and Shop of the Month now.  I have decided that the Blog of the Month will be a blog of any size that I am particularly in love with that month.  The shop will be an Etsy shop with amazing products and fewer than 50 sales.  I feel like this is a great way to help other Etsy sellers who haven't sold a lot yet and might be feeling less-than-thrilled-and-positive about that fact.  Each month the featured blog and shop will receive one month of free ad space on my blog, as well as a feature post about them.  The shop portion will include three of my favorite products from their shop.  I'll also include any social media links that the shop and blog owner would like to share.  I already picked out the blog and shop for next month, but I could use your help for the following months.  I would love it if you guys would share all of the lovely little Etsy shops you come across on your travels.  It could even be your own!  They don't have to have less than 50 sales.  I still do occasional Etsy Interviews and those will be with shops of any size.  Besides that, I also love Pinning like crazy all manner of wonderful Etsy products to my Etsy Pinterest boards.  I love to do everything I can to support handmade businesses of all sizes.  It's really my passion, so I would love your help with doing that.

To summarize, email me about anything your heart desires at jaythejedi@live.com, comment on my posts if you'd like (I don't even have annoying CAPTCHAs), and share all of the lovely Etsy shops with me.  Please and thank you and have a lovely day.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! This is a fantastic idea! I love it!
    And congrats on over 100 followers!! That's fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has so much character - the font, the ideas and just the general feel of it. The idea is great, so I'll keep that in mind, and congratulations on over 100 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. It's so crazy because I had 80-something follwoers at the beginning of the month and then the number just exploded! And thank you very much, Rachel. I like for my blog to be a direct reflection of myself, both in the design and the content. I'm really glad you appreciate the uniqueness of it : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to appreciate uniqueness, otherwise it will disappear into normality - quaint little blogs that almost all seem a reproduction from a template, clean precise and sterile, with perfect pictures and a post everyday of the week. Yet that's what people seem to strive for. Little blogs as just as nice,and I should really return to mine at some point...but anyway, little blogs have character, they haven't been overrun by the corporative(?)world that we live in. They are a retreat promoting the little things, such as your little etsy shops.It's a breath of fresh air.

      Delete
    2. You're so sweet : ) Your comment made my night, and I was not having a great night, so thank you very much.

      Delete
    3. Thank you :) and you are indeed most welcome

      Delete
  4. I think your idea of featuring blogs and shops is simply inspired and will definitely garner traffic and engagement. Keep an out out for an email from me ;) Let's be internet friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I already admire a whole bunch of different shops and blogs every single month, so why not share my monthly favorites? I will watch for your email. I would love to be internet friends : )

      Delete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?