Thursday, December 27, 2012

Book Review: Seven Days in Berlin



Neil sent me a free copy of his new book and I adored it.  The comics are cute yet cause emotions at the same time.  Neil does an excellent job of making simple drawings really symbolic.  For example, there's a panel where the last leaf falls off a tree and it makes you feel really sad.  The book is so much more than an illustrated travelogue, because let's be honest here, I don't usually read travelogues.  And by I don't usually read travelogues, I mean that unless you count the Ancient History posts on Melbourne on My Mind, this is the first travelogue I've ever read.  This book made me laugh and cry numerous times.  I loved the part at the zoo and the abandoned themepark seemed so cool!  Did I mention that I loved this book?  I don't really review books, so that's the best I can do.  I would easily give this book 5 stars out of 5, and highly recommend it to everyone.  You can buy your own copy here for only $6.61 in U.S. dollars (4 pounds in British currency).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?