Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What's Going on Here?

This post is an update at the current point I'm at in my life. There will be no pictures. I'll try to keep it short.  I'm currently still searching for a job and place to live. The attic room seems out of reach since the girl who has it now no longer responds to my texts or emails.  I looked at another room nearby last week, but someone else put down the deposit to secure it as their own.  Today I am looking at a room in the University District.  And when I say room, I'm talking about basically a dorm room type situation, but it's in a big house.  Everyone has their own bedroom with a lockable door, and bathrooms and kitchens are shared.  It's within my price range and will force me to socialize so we'll see.  I also like being prepared, which includes wanting to know where I'll be going after I move out of my current place at the end of this month.  Of course, I can always stay at G's for a while if I don't find a place before I have to move out.  In happier and less stressful news, I made two Etsy sales in the last three days.  This is very exciting for me.  I have made the decision to forgo shipping Etsy sales in handmade envelopes for now anyway.  It looks nice, but it is very time-consuming.  Also G is paying me for the help I gave him yesterday with his work thing, which is much appreciated.  My parents will be picking me up for a weekend at the end of this month because my brother will be back home after graduating his Marines Humvee training in Missouri.  I want to be able to see him for a little bit before he goes away to Japan for two years.  It will be good to see my parents too.  I haven't seen them for quite a while.

Oh and in other, not-so-fun news, this is the week I have to call DSHS to do a mid year food stamps interview.  They are as difficult to get ahold of as ever because they still don't have a system of putting people on hold until a person is available to talk to them.  At least G and my parents both just bought me more phone minutes, so I have just under 900.  I hope your lives are all going well and less stressful than mine.

Remember to enter my giveaway to win some jewelry I made, and use code GIVEAWAY10 to get 10% off an Etsy purchase from my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?