Monday, May 23, 2011

Now I Know How it Feels

Firstly, the street fair was so much fun that I ended up going three times.  I'll post pictures of the two pairs of earrings I got as soon as I figure out how to make my camera not take blurry photos.

Secondly, I went swing dancing last night with two of my friends.  Remember back in elementary school when you played sports at recess and there would be two team captains and everybody would line up to be picked for teams?  Maybe you can't relate, but anyway I was always the only girl who played sports with the boys at recess, usually soccer.  I was pretty good at soccer, and despite the fact that I was (well, still am) a girl, I was always one of the first picked for a team.  I had never been picked last for anything.  Until last night at swing dancing.  Let me tell you, it really sucks.  Sure I hadn't been swing dancing since I was 10 years old, but one of my friends is at the same skill level as me and she was asked to dance at least four times as much as I was.  She is pretty gorgeous, but it's sort of a self-esteem crusher when you only get asked to dance 5 times in three hours and only by one person your own age.  The other four were old enough to be my dad, if not my grandfather.  The highlight of the evening was when the drunk guy tried to hit on us before we went in, and said we were all really beautiful, and could he have 12 cents, so he could get drunk.  We ignored him, partially because he was clearly already very drunk.  Then he tripped over his own foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?