Friday, December 10, 2010

An Old Friend

The word of the day is arachibutyrophobia.  Don't even try pronouncing that one.  It means either: A. the feeling that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you, B. the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, C. the fear of getting bitten(bit?) by a spider, D. the fear of Spiderman, or E. none of the above.  So, which one do you think it is? Leave your answer in a comment and don't cheat and look it up. That's no fun.

Today I saw an old friend, or rather an old acquaintance.  He is a friend of my best friend and we have run into each other a few times.  I hadn't seen him since last year.  It was nice to see that he isn't quite as awful at talking to girls now.  Last time I saw him the conversation went almost exactly like this.
Me: Hi John.
Him: I have a cactus. (He was holding a cactus.)
Me: Oh, well that's nice.
Him: I wanted to get a plant to make my dorm room cooler and cactuses are hard to kill.
Me: That's true. See ya.
Yep, that was it. Today I was waiting for my ride after class and I was reading my book when I heard someone say my name.  I looked up and saw John.  He asked if I needed pushed anywhere in my wheelchair and I told him thanks, but I'm just waiting for my ride.  He asked if I've had an MRI or anything to find out what's wrong.  We talked some more and exchanged phone numbers. He told me I could call any time I want to talk.  I might call and see if he wants to hang out some time.  I really like hanging out with H, but I don't want to annoy him by asking him to hang out with me all the time.  I get tired of being by myself all the time, so it would be nice to have another friend to watch movies and play cards with.  He's a really nice guy too.  I am running low on friends at the moment. I have H and Jessica, and now John. Also, my new roommate is my friend but I don't want to be clingy and annoying and make her hang out with me all the time.  I consider you guys who read my blog regularly my friends as well, but I can't exactly call you to come hang out, since you don't live in Seattle.

Here's some random pictures of me from last year.
 The time a dragon almost ate me in a toy store.
That's not a smile, it's an expression of pure agony.

 Me taking a picture of myself, obviously.

Not trying very hard to not fall off a log.
I didn't fall off the log though. I have astounding balance.

That's all. I have to go take a nap now. I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?