Sunday, December 12, 2010

Magically Delicious

I just called the post that because I'm eating Lucky Charms. The word of the day is ephemera. It means something transitory or short-lived.  I just think it's a cool word. I stayed up until 4:00 in the morning studying. I feel pretty accomplished.  I also watched Let Me In, and it was amazing! Seriously, 10 out of 10 stars.  I don't even know what to say about this movie other than watch it! I don't want to give anything away at all, so I won't say anything else about it.  After Let Me In, I decided to watch Let the Right One In, since it's the film that Let Me In remade.  It was atrocious. I couldn't even make it through 20 minutes before I turned it off.  This could just be because of the fact that it wasn't originally in English, but I think it would have still been pretty bad even if it was. Let the Right One in gets 1/2 out of 10 stars, only because I would feel really mean for giving it 0.  If you want to watch a fantastic film that wasn't originally in English, I highly recommend Au Revoir Mis Amis. It is an amazing movie about the Holocaust. Another one that I give 10 out of 10.  So that's all I have to say. I'm going to go study some more so I will be prepared to rock my finals.

I Stumbled Upon this during a study break and immediately thought of the TASG so I'm sharing it with you now. I can't find any way to embed the video, so here's a link. Creep with Dolls. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I liked "Let the Right One In" and I thought it was kinda stupid that they remade it for American audiences, like we can't read subtitles. Was it really that different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have definitely preferred it with subtitles. I might have just hated it because I have OCD and the voices didn't match up with the mouth movements, so it really bugged me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, you watched the dubbed version. Yeah, that sucks. Dubbed movies are only good if your intent is to laugh. For instance, kung-fu fighting movies are hilarious dubbed. Not so good for drama, though.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?