Monday, May 21, 2012

This Bee is Busy

G's birthday was on Saturday.  He turned 27.  He took Friday off of work and declared the entire weekend his birthday weekend.  This meant that Friday he bought himself some of his favorite food and alcohol and spent the rest of the day playing with the chickens (There's a new chicken named Coco. She's 2 years old.), playing video games, and then that evening, we watched the Lakers game.  On Saturday G's mom took us to a seafood restaurant.  It was really yummy and I had mussels and clams in shells for the first time.  I had some super filling and ridiculously tasty seafood mac and cheese with little shrimp and dungeness crab pieces in it.  I still have some left over.  We watched the Laker's game that night too because they played back to back.  We played horse with the Nerf basketball hoop in G's room and we tied (we haven't finished yet, we sort of forgot).  I have been practicing at Nerf basketball because G always beats me.  We bought a scratch ticket and it wasn't a winner.  Then yesterday, I went to the Street Fair with my friend Kelsey while G played with the chickens, played video games, and napped.  It was really rainy and I walked at least forty blocks total up and down the Ave/to and from my bus.  It was really fun despite the rain.  There were some people there who were at the art fair last summer.  There was some really cool stuff but I didn't buy anything except a birthday card for G that had some cute chickens on it, and some food.  I ate a really tasty crepe from my favorite crepe place.  I actually got a savory crepe for once instead of a dessert crepe and it was perfect.  It was like chef's salad in crepe form.  I got some chocolate dipped strawberry and banana slices for dessert.  I bought G a Philly cheesesteak, because they are one of his favorite foods and brought it back to him.  He ate it as a before dinner snack.  And he loved his chicken card.  We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got some stuff we needed for the kitchen, as well as a super soft and cozy blanket.  I made lamb for dinner, cooked in champagne that had gone flat, apple juice, and a little bit of butter, and seasoned with fresh thyme and salt and pepper.  Then I made a gravy from the broth and meat juices.  We ate it with broccoli and baked potatoes, while watching The Simpson's season finale and then the Family Guy season finale.  Then we both fell asleep on the couch and went to bed later.  I slept for 11 hours.

And now it's back to the real world.  In the real world, there's a lot of stress.  Currently I need to finish listing jewelry for my Etsy shop (only three things left), find a job (I've been applying everywhere), find a new place to live (checking out a place this week), donate stuff to Goodwill, work on the Chef Bigfoot illustrations for the Craigslist guy, make more jewelry, and start packing up my room.

2 comments:

  1. Chickens? I might need a post about these chickens you speak of...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is my command! http://happeningsfromanundisclosedlocation.blogspot.com/2012/01/hi-guys.html

      Delete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?