Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What I did this Weekend



I went back home for four days to see my family.  It was fun.  We went to a car show (I saw a Delorean!), went to Multnomah Falls, had a picnic, and played Apples to Apples.  I also learned how to do an oil change, and changed the oil in G's car all by myself!  (Pictures coming soon.)  Plus I ate lots of delicious gluten-free food and had a great time seeing my family.  It had been too long; I hadn't seen them since February!

Now I've been employed making jewelry for a whole year.  You may remember that I was hired last year on Labor Day.  Things have changed a lot at work.  I am the only employee now and since I missed nearly two whole weeks of work when I had the flu, we are completely swamped with orders now!  It's a good problem to have.  Last year around Christmas (normally the busiest time of the year), we had so few orders that everyone got laid off except me.  I still do wish that my boss would hire another employee though, because I feel so bad when I'm sick because she's the only one making jewelry then.  I am trying not to feel so bad though because it was my boss' decision not to hire anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, jealous that you saw a Delorean in person!!! I WILL see one, one day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?