Monday, September 30, 2013

Gluten Free Cough Medicine

If you have celiac disease, you probably know that gluten is in a ton of medicine.  When I had the flu last month, I went into the pharmacy at one of my local drugstores and asked the pharmacist if any of the cough medicine was gluten free.  She said no and I left feeling sick and disappointed.  Because while I hate taking cough medicine, I hate being sick for two weeks straight because I can't take cough medicine even worse.  After a week of misery, my boss emailed me about a new gluten-free cough medicine she discovered and told me I should try it.  So I found a store near me that carried it and bought some.  It did the trick and knocked my flu out most of the way the day before I was leaving to visit my parents.



Now one month later, I have a cold and I'm taking this medicine again.  And let me tell you, it tastes disgusting.  It's got that nasty menthol flavor mixed with honey, but does not taste like honey.  I visited the Dayquil site again and discovered that now they make cold and flu relief caplets that are gluten free, so when I run out of cough syrup, I will definitely be picking those up.  The way that I take the cough syrup is plug my nose, toss it back, and then eat an entire packet of fruit snacks that I have open and ready to eat and then I unplug my nose.  It tastes that bad, but it does its job.

It's probably obvious that I wasn't paid to write this, but just in case here's that sentence:  I bought this product with my own money and my opinion is my own.  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  I just think more people should know that there is gluten free cold and flu medicine available now, and you don't have to just suffer through it.

Aside from the medicine I have been drinking massive amounts of tea to soothe my sore throat and getting a ton of sleep (14 hours last night).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?