Friday, September 28, 2012

Pretty Things

This is what happened last week.


I had this little shelf in the back of my room between my two windows that had nothing on it.  So I put things on it.  From left: teacup with my makeup brushes in it; teacup that plays music and is the only thing I have left of my grandma; old milkshake glass filled with purple rocks, chains, and a strand of pearls; another pretty teacup; my alarm clock from when I was a baby (it might still work); my writing utensil teacup.  I did thrift some cute teacups and saucers last weekend so this arrangement might change.

I made this after my across-the-hall neighbor said my jewelry was awesome and said if I made a Triforce necklace, he'd buy it for a thousand dollars.  He didn't buy it.  (I knew he was joking but I liked the idea of a Triforce necklace.)  So this will go up in the shop once I photograph it, which may be awhile.  The way my room is, every single surface to put things on to photograph casts a shadow between me and the light, so I need to set up my desk lamp.  But first I need to buy an extension cord and a power strip so I can.

10 comments:

  1. He didn't buy it? Not even for 1000 pennies? What a goober! =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. But I'm sure someone will. And hey look at you all blogging again like you weren't gone FOREVER and then not even letting me know about it! It's okay, I forgive you. But I'm taking your pineapple and putting it in MY wheelbarrow and there's nothing you can do about it :P

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of putting makeup brushes in a teacup!! What a neat and original idea.
    I might have to go to the thrift store today and search for some super cute teacups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just love teacups, especially ones that cost 50 cents like that one.

      Delete
  3. You blog keeps me entertained...don't stop girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) I won't stop. I have such a ridiculusly long list of posts to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i now have a lot of jealously for your cute little teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that teacup and the alarm clock! They are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?