Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thoughts from a Feverish Brain

Guess what, everyone? I have a cold, once again. To make things worse, our house is almost out of food, and I don't think shopping is a thing I'll feel up to anytime soon. I only have one of each "sick day food/drink left", which means one cup o noodles, one packet of instant oatmeal, and the mix for one cup of russian tea (a super awesome drink for when you have a sore throat, which my amazing mother makes me the mix for and she's sending me more, and she totally unexpectedly sent me a check for this month's rent, because she's so ridiculously super awesome). So anyway, my death cough has returned and I'm trying to take it easy. Filling out job applications is totally taking it easy, right?! I did job applications yesterday and today I've been taking it easy for reals. Want proof? I finished watching all the shows in my Hulu queue, so I cleaned up my blogroll, then searched out new blogs to read/follow.

And then I got to thinking: there is probably some stuff you guys don't know about me that you would find interesting. So now it's sharing time!

1. I sing in the shower. I have only started doing this since I moved into this apartment and there's nobody here during the day. Some of my favorite songs to sing in the shower are I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, Bubbly by Taylor Swift, and Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. The last one is super depressing but it's such a fun song to sing, in my opinion, if you ignore the lyrics.
2. My all-time favorite cheer up song is Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations. It's so bizarre because if you actually listen to the lyrics, it's not a happy song, but the piano part is just so cheery that you can't help but smile.
3. I can sneeze realistically on purpose. I'm not sure how/when I discovered this particular skill? talent?
4. I cannot lick my elbow, though I have attempted on numerous occasions.
5. I am super ridiculously awesome at keeping a hula hoop up, not doing any tricks, but I can keep it up for hours at a time, and have done so in the past, while either reading a book, playing my Nintendo DS, or doing my Rubik's cube, because after about 5 minutes hula hooping gets boring. I can also do the macarena while hula hooping.
6. I know some karate and could kill a person with my bare hands if I needed to, and they didn't have a gun or a knife.
7. I know how to cross stitch and it was one of my biggest hobbies in middle school and the first part of high school. It slowly became replaced by other things and I sort of forgot about it until today.
8. Not to brag or anything but I'm a pretty good flute player. I would probably play it a lot more if I could find where I put the sheet music I printed out for classic rock songs, as well as The Legend of Zelda and Mario. I may or may not have a Star Wars sheet music book and know how to play every song in it.
9. I can do handstand pushups, like against a wall.
10. I have never been trick-or-treating in my entire life, because my dad always called it "the devil's holiday" and Halloween was always the day my parents had a huge fight (just verbal but it still scars a kid), since my mom wanted us to go but my dad didn't. My dad always won.
11. I have this crazy wish to be a model, that I haven't told anyone until just now. But it's not so much to be a model as just to have pictures of me that are like model quality, and that I look really good in. I am not a photogenic person. Also, I want to be given a makeover.
12. I have just finished watching "My So-called Life", which is a show from the 90's so I might be using the word "like" a lot more than I ever should, at least for a while.

So that's some stuff I felt like sharing with you all. One more thing, I intend to design a proper blog layout sometime very soon, since it is something I haven't taken time out for, and it's really starting to bug me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?