Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Facebook

I deleted mine.  I should of probably mentioned that I was planning to before I added you today, so sorry about that, person who knows who he is.  The people who I really want to stay in contact with have my phone number or my skype or my yahoo im thing, so they can still keep in touch with me.  Facebook used to seem like a good idea for me back when I was first headed off to college and whatnot so I could keep in touch with my family and my friends from back home.  Well, the one friend from back home I'm still in touch with has my phone number.  And seriously, my family should care enough to be able to pick up the phone and call me every once in a while.  My parents do that and they email me.  Only one of my three aunts on my dad's side of the family even has my phone number.  That's how much they really don't care.  Only one of them ever posted on my Facebook wall anyway.  What it all comes down to is that Facebook has become a good excuse for me not to talk to people and for them not to talk to me. Sure, it's easy to pretend that you care, maybe post something like have a good day on a family member's wall or whatever, but if you really care you'll take the time to call and talk to them for five minutes.  It's really not hard to do.  So this was basically sort of a huge rant, but anyway my Facebook is now gone.  Only two of you who read this were my friends on Facebook, so you guys probably won't be too affected by this.  But since this blog is a place for me to talk about my feelings first and foremost, that's what this post is all about.  And while I'm at it, I am so tired of reading about people's drama and passive-aggressiveness so that was another reason behind my Facebook removal/deletion/deactivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?