Thursday, May 1, 2014

Room Tour: My Handmade Shelf



I made this wood shelf in one of my many wood shop classes in high school.  Fun fact: I love using power tools.  I finally put it up in my room and loaded it up with a tiny part of my increasing collection of handmade jewelry and jewelry displays.  I made all of the jewelry in this photo except for the earrings on the picture frame display.  The simple instructions for making this picture frame display can be found at the end of this post.  The necklace on the left will hopefully be heading to a local shop soon.  The jewelry display on the right was a thrift store find and the teacup and blue deer were scored at yard sales.  The deer was originally a bright brass color that didn't work for me, so I painted it with nail polish, Wet 'n' Wild in 218A I Need a Refresh-Mint.  I love how it turned out and it's such a unique ring/bracelet holder.

I have more room tour pictures to share with you in the coming weeks.  I've lived in this room for almost two years now, so I thought it was about time I showed it to you guys.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely setup you have! I really like your small manikins, and the deer looks awesome in that color!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?