Sunday, November 24, 2013

3 Things you Might be Surprised I Enjoy

Unless you've been here for awhile, the following things I enjoy might surprise you.

1. cars and car shows:  I don't drive but I like cars and car shows.  My dad is a mechanic and it's something I grew up with.  I also like learning how to work on cars, like when I learned how to do an oil change last time I went home to visit my parents.  My dad is really fun at car shows because he wants to see what's under the hood on everything...even if it's at an antique auto museum and the cars are behind velvet ropes.

my first oil change
2. football: I grew up watching football with my dad and my brother.  I asked a million questions and must have been so annoying, but they put up with it because then they got to watch the game.  It was a 3-1 vote to have the game on instead of 2-2 if I hadn't liked football.  My mom doesn't like football and will usually only watch part of the Super Bowl.  I haven't missed a Seahawks game all season.  I get really into it and yell at the TV and everything.  I know they can't hear me but it makes me feel better to yell at the refs.

3. woodworking: This is the one that I don't think any of you know about.  In high school, wood shop was one of my favorite classes.  I love the smell of fresh-cut boards and getting to make something really cool that would have cost a lot of money to buy.  Over the course of three wood shop classes I made three shelves, one large pine storage box, two big planter boxes for my mom, and a recipe box for my mom.  I really miss woodworking, and I was lucky to attend the high school with the best wood shop in Washington state.

What interests do you have that might surprise people?

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I've never watched a football game all the way through, but I might have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?