Monday, November 25, 2013

Comic Book Haul


I bought some comic books yesterday.  I wanted to get something small for my 7 and 8 year cousin for Christmas but don't have much money, so I thought comic books would be good.  I bought all of these for them, except for Hoax Hunters, but then I read through them after I got home to make sure they would be appropriate and I'll actually be keeping two of them.  Princeless was hilarious but did talk about killing, which isn't exactly child appropriate and Wonderland #2 was great except at one point Mary Ann says "Bloody Hell!" and that's not a phrase the girls need in their vocabulary at this age.  I really enjoyed all of these comics and want to read more of all of them.  Road to Oz surprised me.  It's a completely different story from The Wizard of Oz, which I like.  Also Dorothy is an awful child.  I really adore the art style in both Oz and Wonderland.  Princeless made me laugh out loud multiple times.

I'm really excited about all of these comics and I hope that the girls like the ones I give them.  I think they will because one is a voracious reader and the other has a short attention span but will read books with pictures.  I'm a little disappointed that Princeless wasn't appropriate though because they love princess stories and their mom and I both love stories with strong female characters.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're getting your cousins comic books! I wish there were more comics that were age appropriate for them. Disney put out a manga Kilala Princess, but daaaang! One of the characters dresses like a prozzie and there are several adult references in it. I was pretty shocked with the content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find, Jessica! I think we’re on the same boat when it comes to trying some products: the effect should be proven by ME. There’s nothing wrong about being skeptical as long as you can get what works for you. And of course, never forget to ask your dentist before trying anything for your oral hygiene.

    Ted @CodyDental.com

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?