Monday, October 27, 2014

Achievement Unlocked: I Carved My First Pumpkin Ever!


About two weeks ago I was going to hang out with my friend, but she and another friend were about to watch the first episode of the new season of American Horror Story.  Although I love American Horror Story, I'm having to skip this season because it's full of clowns.  You might recall that I am completely terrified of clowns.  So I headed out to the porch because I heard voices out there and to my surprise some of my housemates were carving pumpkins!  And even better they had an extra one they let me carve!  It was already cleaned out so I didn't get to experience the joys of pumpkin guts.  I went for a simple wonky pumpkin face and it was easier than I thought it would be to carve.  I am super happy with how it turned out.  Of course, since we carved them so far before Halloween they already rotted/got smashed, but that's fine.  One of the new guys in my house loves Halloween and he carved five new ones this week.  He also got papers to get our whole street shut down for Halloween so we can have a block party.  I don't have a Halloween costume, but I'll probably stop by the party anyway, for at least a little while, before holing up alone in my room and watching Netflix while eating ice cream.

What are your Halloween plans?  What are you going to be for Halloween?  What's your favorite Halloween candy?  Talk to me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?