Thursday, August 8, 2013

That Time I Commanded an Army of Goose Minions

four of my goose minions
Last month one of the guys from the house and I went and got dinner in Fremont.  There's this gluten-free burger place there that I had been wanting to try, plus the whole neighborhood is really cool.  Also Fremont is right next to the water and there are nice walking paths.  So we went and got dinner at Blue Moon Burgers.  They have some really delicious burgers.  And I'm not just saying that because it's the first time I had a proper burger and not just the contents of a burger, minus a bun, since before October.  They actually have really really good burgers.  And they make perfect sweet potato fries, not greasy at all.  So I ate my burger and then we walked around Fremont while I ate my sweet potato fries.  We walked along the water and there were some geese swimming there, and they were eying my fries.  (Is that seriously how you spell eying?  It looks so weird.)  And I love animals.  I eat animals but I also love animals.  I'm  a complex person like that.  So I broke apart a sweet potato fry and threw it to the geese.  One of the geese ate all of the pieces and the other little geese-ys didn't get any, so I threw them some where the piggy goose couldn't eat them first.  And before long there were at least thirty geese over there begging for my fries.  And I'm not sure if you've ever seen a goose beg, but it is so adorable!  I learned that they have tongues almost as long as their beaks, and they were all sitting there with their mouths hanging open waiting for me to give them more fries.  I tried to get a picture of it, but the timing was off.  I did get some pretty great golden hour photos though.  (I'll upload more of them at some point in the future.)  So I had all of these geese sitting there waiting for me to feed them and then I realized that with enough sweet potato fries I could command a large goose army and have them do my bidding.  So Blue Moon Burgers are loved by both humans and geese.  Probably other species too, but I didn't feed them to any other species because I ate the rest myself.  Then the geese kind of sat there waiting for a little while and then swam away all sad, like I hadn't already fed them half of my fries.  Geese are greedy but adorable.

If you could command an army of any animal to do your bidding, what would it be and how would you do it?

1 comment:

  1. lol Don't you love having a goose army? I had one when I was out in California. The hard part for me was shaking them when I ran out of bread.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?