Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yoga is Kind of Amazing

I'm not sure if you guys know this, but yoga is kind of awesome.  It helps you relieve stress while exercising and increasing stamina and/or strength.  It also helps boost your immune system.  I like to do yoga in the comfort and privacy of my room while catching up on my Hulu queue or watching Netflix.  I started doing yoga every morning for about an hour two weeks ago.  I haven't been doing it while I've been sick because it causes coughing fits which are no fun.  My yoga routine tends to be a mix of strength and cardio yoga.  The following poses comprise my main routine, but sometimes I'll do other poses too.


Images and descriptions via: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

I also like to (well actually force myself to) do sun salutations, which I have the most trouble with.  Right now I can only do two at a time.  I also do cobra pose, which I actually enjoy, alternating with child's pose.  It's really great for stretching your back and stomach.

I have also discovered this site which is a great source for yoga beginners.  It says beginner poses but look at those arm balances!  So they're clearly not all beginner poses but still a wonderful resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?