Saturday, September 6, 2014

My Day: Farmers Market Gluten Free and Fall Jewelry

This morning I woke up at 9:00 with my plans for the day all ready.  I ate a breakfast of vanilla yogurt with Honey Nut Chex and zucchini marmalade (it's something that my mom cans and it's like orange marmalade but with zucchini in it, tastes like orange).  I started listing the remainder of the Fall jewelry in my Etsy shop.  Then I took a break at 1:00 to go for a short walk to the University District Farmer's Market to get some lunch.  I headed straight to the Nuflours bakery booth because everything I have ever tried from them has tasted delicious and, just as importantly for gluten free food, been the right texture.  I selected a spinach tomato gouda scone and a mini loaf of banana bread.  Then I bought a giant peach from another vendor.  The scone was flaky, filling, and delicious.  I ate just it for lunch and was too full to eat anything else.  It's a great buy at just $2!  I'll definitely be buying it again.  I took a snack break to try the banana bread around 3:00 and it was also amazing.  I'll be eating it at breakfast tomorrow, if I can keep from eating it before then!  I didn't manage to take a picture of the scone before devouring it.  Nuflours is at all of the Seattle area farmer's markets, and I intend to get my lunch from them when they're at the Ballard Farmer's Market, right outside my workplace, every Sunday.  I highly recommend everything I have tried there.  Besides what I ate today I have eaten and loved their strawberry cake with pistachio cream, cinnamon roll, and carrot cake.  It's the sort of food you can hardly believe is gluten free.  Friends who can eat gluten have attested to the deliciousness of Nuflours offerings.

Aside from that I just wanted to let you know that I have a ton of Fall jewelry to list!  So I have been a bit blog absent, but I have some posts planned for next week, including one about my fantastic thrift store finds lately.  Check out the Fall jewelry I have listed so far, check back often, and share it with your friends.  Is anyone else super excited for Fall?  I can hardly wait for layering clothes, boots, knit hats, and chai tea lattes.

Here's a peek at some of the new jewelry in my shop.


What's your favorite season?  What are you looking forward to in Fall?

1 comment:

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?