Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall Favorites and Some News

favorite fall beverage: chai tea latte (I like to get the Oregon Chai stuff from the store and make them myself at home because it is so much cheaper than buying them.)

favorite fall accessory: hats

favorite color of changing leaves: dark red

favorite pie: pumpkin


And now for the news.  Everyone at my work got laid off because we only got three new orders last week instead of the usual fifty or so.  My boss can't afford to pay us when she isn't getting paid herself.  However I am being kept on two days (16 hours) a week to do inventory.  I do still need to find a new job though.  In order to make the bare minimum I need each month (which would just pay rent) I need $100 a month more than I'll be earning.  I do have enough money saved for two more month's rent.  This couldn't have come at a worse time though since I did miss over a week off my last paycheck because of wisdom teeth surgery complications.  I'm kind of wishing I didn't buy everyone's Christmas presents already so I would have more money.  Hopefully I'll be able to find a job quickly this time, unlike before.  So today I am super duper busy trying to sell books, clothes, photograph and list jewelry for my Etsy shop, make new new jewelry, speed up my laptop, and way too many other things.  I also need to update my resume and references and then tomorrow the job hunt begins once again.  I'm working Wednesday and Thursday each week now.

Second thing (well third, I guess): I created the code CHRISTMAS2012 for my Etsy shop.  Use it on purchases now through Christmas to receive 10% off your order.  There will be quite a few more things for sale there in the next few days too, so watch for those.  Also as of today my Etsy shop, Honeybee Alley, ships to the UK.  I have no idea how much things cost to ship there so the shipping prices may change in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?