Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday Fashion: Fossil Hunting


First of all, I want to say thank you for all all your kind and supportive comments and emails on my last post.  I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and hormones definitely made it worse, but it helped me a lot to know that I have so much support from other people who are in the same boat.

Secondly, I have a job interview on Monday!  It's at a fair trade place that wasn't hiring when I left my resume with them at the beginning of the year but they moved locations and found my resume and really want to meet me.

Thirdly, I want to talk about fossil hunting.  When I was in elementary school my brother and I would always bring in fossils for show and tell.  Not animal fossils (I wish!) but plant fossils, which are still super cool.  There's this cliff up the hill from my grandparents' house that has rocks erode off of it and lots of the rocks have fossils in them.  We like to call it The Fossil Rock and we keep its location top secret.  The outfit above would be so perfect for fossil hunting, although probably with boots instead of the sandals but I love those sandals.  I really want that shirt and the bag is amazing!  I would wear it with this lava and pyrite necklace.


When I went home a couple of months ago to visit my brother I stopped by The Fossil Rock with my mom to do some fossil hunting.  We didn't find any plant fossils but we did find some petrified wood and a lot of rocks with crystal bands.

There are lots of pretty wildflowers on top of The Fossil Rock.


The Fossil Rock itself.  It's not much to look at to most people but I love how you can see so many different rock layers.
the pretty treasures I found; petrified wood in the center

Fossil hunting and rock hunting in general is a fun and usually free pastime that I have enjoyed since I was little.  I am excited to incorporate some of my finds into my handmade jewelry.  It's always cool when two passions come together.  Do you like rock hunting?  I would love to see photos of your rock collection!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been rock hunting but it looks like it'd be really interesting plus you found some great shapes, can't wait to see what you make of them. Hope the interview went well :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?