Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gluten Free Finds: The Best Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix


My mom sent me a care package full of gluten-free baking mixes and other gluten-free foods.  One of the items in it was this pizza crust mix.  If you know anything about gluten-free food, you know that you need to enter into any new-to-you food situation with very low expectations.  I expected this pizza crust to be bland, weird-textured, and thin.  And I was pleasantly surprised to find it was just the opposite.  I can honestly say that this is the best pizza crust I've ever had.  Period.  And I'm including gluten crusts I've had in the past!  This beats any restaurant, delivery, or frozen pizza crust I've ever had.


This is the box for the pizza mix.  It's King Arthur Flour brand, which I've never heard of before.  I can't find this exact one, but on their website I found a gluten-free bread and pizza mix, which might be the same thing.  It's gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free.  It makes two crusts or one giant crust, and I went for the one giant crust.  The crust takes about five minutes to mix up, then 1 hour to rise in 2 30-minute increments.  It's really easy to make and the instructions worked out perfectly for me.  After it rose for 30 minutes, it didn't really look like it rose at all and I was a little worried, but it turned out great.


This pizza crust turned out thick, golden brown, flaky, and delicious.  I topped it with alfredo sauce, five slices of bacon chopped up, baby bella mushrooms, artichoke hearts, three kinds of shredded cheese (mozzarella, Parmesan, and mild cheddar), avocado, and tomato.  I also added a secret spice blend.  I drizzled the whole thing with the bacon grease before popping it into the oven.  That's how you make a pizza extra good.

Here's a link to King Arthur Flour's other gluten-free mixes, which I'll definitely have to try in the future.  Tell your wallet I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?