Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Unhappy Camper

So since today is Tuesday and I only had one class, it was supposed to be a good day.  How wrong I was! I got mail! Wait, that should be a good thing, shouldn't it? You would think so, wouldn't you? You would be wrong.  Hospital bill for nearly $1000, from my emergency trip to the hospital a couple of weeks back.  Birthday present I ordered for my roommate. They sent the wrong thing! I ordered a bear pillow pet and got sent a cat.  To top it all off, I'm typing this one handed because somehow I managed to accidentally cut my wrist with my pocketknife while opening the package from my mum. (feeling British, deal with it) So now I have a diagonal one inch cut on my left wrist and it's bleeding like a really creepy faucet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I got to use some more intense stuff in my first aid kit than just bandages and neosporin.  I didn't have any big enough bandages so I had to use a gauze pad and wrap it in rolled gauze.  It was actually pretty exciting, not going to lie.  It really doesn't hurt that bad either, but it has been bleeding non-stop for like 10 minutes.

P.S. Totally worth all the blood and pain, because the box was full of love and homemade cookies and money and adorable easter cards from my 4 and 5 year old cousins.

Also, I learned to only make as many nachos as I can reasonably consume, because my friends who I planned to share with were all elsewhere.  Also, fun fact, when guacamole is left out overnight, it turns blackish and gets grease droplets on top of it.  I don't think I like guacamole anymore. Wait, nope, I still do, just won't be letting it sit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, a kitten is born, and who doesn't love kittens?